Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

More summer 2014


OK, the last post got posted before I was done.  So here is "The Rest of the Story"!

Oldest grandson Jerrod Wagner holding youngest grandson Bryce Henry.  Brothers!

After San Francisco I took the kids to a water park.  We got wet, rode the waves in the wave pool, and did amazing slides that freaked grandma out, but I did them anyway! :)

Fun Times!


On the way to the water park I took a wrong turn and look where we turned up!  Who knew we had a lake?! :)
   
 When I left Jenny's I stopped off In the area where we lived the longest time when I was growing up, Roseville, Ca. Just outside of Sacramento. I drove by the old house and was amazed at how small it is now.  The rocks in the front were huge to us and we would sit in them.  The were used as grinding stones by Native Americans.  Many of our fondest memories happened in this house. 
     I looked up my old schools while I was there also.  My old middle school hasn't changed except that it has taken over the grade school.  I asked around as to where the school aged children attend school and I was told that the community didn't have any children.  It is full of retired people.  I began to feel really old as most folks were my age or older.  I guess you can never go back.
I had the opportunity to visit the new home  of long time friends Ron and Donna Stinchcomb in Chico, CA.  I was their first non family visitor. When I headed north again the next day they told me  to be sure to stop and see the "Little Grand Canyon".  Obviously not as grand as  "The" Grand Canyon but impressive nonetheless.  Gods' creation never ceases to amaze me.                                                            It was a long drive with no air-conditioning but well worth the  catching up with family and friends.
 

The last 2 weeks here in Wamena has been filled a lot political unrest.  Killings, people arrested, and threats made if they don't get released.  Natives are afraid and are living in a spirit of fear.  I am so grateful for God's peace amongst all the upheaval.  Isaiah 26:3
You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.
 
There is still more of my summer travels but I am tired today after an evening camp activity after school yesterday.  I am trying to keep shorter accounts.  Bless you all, thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment